Saturday, September 25, 2010

So Sorry I Didn't Get Any Posts Up Yesterday!!

It was a very crazy day in my house yesterday.  My stepdaughter's birthday was on Tuesday and my husband picked her up last night, so I had to have everything ready last night for birthday weekend to begin!  She wanted a cake that looked like a farmer's market that she had seen in one of my cake decorating books.  I honestly don't know any other nine year olds that would want a farmer's market birthday cake, but my munchkin gets what my munchkin wants!  It took me eight hours to make it (including making the fondant).  It's not the best cake I have ever made, but it turned out pretty well considering the time restraints I had:


Unfortunately for me, both my husband and stepdaughter decided that they don't like the tast of fondant, so my eight hours of labor were a waste of time and the cake ended up in the trash.  While I was making the cake, I still had Savannah and the other baby girl that I take care of during the week to take care of.  Then I had someone bring by their dogs for me to dog sit while they are out of town.  I'm trying to get stuff up today, but I have six dogs to take care of, a nine year old who is failing math to work with, and a very crabby three month old Savannah who refuses to take a nap!  So much for getting stuff done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment